Sunday 26 January 2014

Two steps back before one forward

Bit of an update - the leg was serviced and new bellows, UJ and Gimbal bearing fitted. So quiet now! Sounded like a bag of spanners before and I thought that was because there was no soundproofing. I took Rebel Runner back to Cowes where she was lifted out and put in a shed to be gutted. There has been delays due to Cowes week and Fastnet race where you can't get the attention of boat fitters but at last a start has been made. All the cockpit side lining was removed and all the furniture in the wheelhouse is out. It has to get worse before it gets better. I am collecting a new side panel to house engine controls and a galley unit from Garry tomorrow, I have seen the photos and they look stunning. I'll be taking them over to Cowes with galley fittings, hatches etc. for the start of the build phase.
Before:


Now:



Where the galley will go



Now



Problem is the builder is now on holiday for a week then I am away for a week so I hope to see it starting to come together in two weeks time.

No comments:

Post a Comment