Sunday 26 January 2014

Nearly ready for launch

Final day on the Island trying to get Rebel Runner ready for launch on Thursday, and back "home" on Sunday. No 1 priority was getting some form of electrics together so the boat is driveable. The new dash was fitted finally, chartplotter and engine panel in, connected up and working, or at least lights came on. Can't tell until she is in the water...Also fitted a blanking panel made of white Acetal to hide all the holes where the old switches were on the bulkhead, and mounted the radio on that. Connected up and working. No photo because I pointed the camera towards my flood light doh.

The galley rail and sink are in, looking good. There will be a teak fiddle to stop the burner taking flight, and a teak trim on top of the rear panel.



The new mast arrived, this is a section of yacht mast welded up in aluminium and will hold the radar scanner, VHF antennae and two GPS antenna. I brought it home to key up, drill all the holes and paint. Side graphics are on, but I ran out of time (again) before cutting the portholes so I left that for Nigel's man.


Next time I see her she will be in the water, then it is back home to Southsea where I can work away when I need to. There is still one heck of a lot to do before I can go fishing



No comments:

Post a Comment