Sunday 26 January 2014

More work

I had the luxury of another day on the boat today. The first half hour was discussing with Scott of One Degree West the possibility of fitting hydraulic steering. He also advised replacing the battery cables, and he has replaced the gear cable which was bent which explains the stiffness. Then on to the boat, but oh dear....(that wasn't actually what I said)



The frigging ply that was bonded to the roof ready for glassing in had fallen off!! Oh Garry, god of all fibreglass, where were you in my hour of need? So it was off to Portsmouth to get some more sticky stuff, clean them up and bond the blighters back again. That lost me the morning and while the paste was going off I re-wired the wipers. Nothing to show there. I then glassed in the roof beams, they look dog rough I admit but they are smoother than they look in the photo. It won't matter as they will be behind the headlining. The channel is to take all the wiring from the navigation mast, which was the whole purpose of beefing up the roof.



While the resin was going off I did a couple of outside jobs as for once it wasn't raining:

Cockpit rod racks

 and the start of the plumbing - the water filler in the side deck.


More tomorrow I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment