Sunday 26 January 2014

New Bowsprit

I'm just back from a week's holiday and the builder assures me he's making progress. The biggest challenge has been finding someone to do the stainless work but I think we are nearly there. In the meantime Garry has been busy again, I picked up another consignment of mouldings today made to his usual exceptionally high standard. First up is the anchor bowsprit, the design based on the one from my Trophy but scaled up to house a 10Kg Delta anchor. It will be trimmed to fit the curve of the deck. It is a hell of a slab, I said to Garry make it strong and I think it would hold the Queen Mary. Shown here marked up for trimming.



   Garry also made a small box for the cockpit, this will have a hatch on top and be used as a seat
 



And finally, here are the two seat boxes for the wheelhouse. These will have lids, seat pads, backs and a table between them.



  Hopefully the next update will be of things actually fitted!

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment