Sunday 26 January 2014

A day in Cowes

Finally, another day on the Island now the doctors and wife have allowed me out. I had the help of my daughter, I am not sure if she was paid by my wife to keep an eye on me but she did some great work anyway. I had plans (and all the gear in the car) to do far more than we actually managed to do in 6 hours, it is so frustrating to have to leave to catch a ferry back. I had cut and painted some ply panels to put behind the main bulkhead to mount all the electrics and black box units on, and they fitted fine. I did some admiring of the bow roller



and the rails round the foredeck



before polishing up the transom and cabin sides ready for the name and graphics to be applied. What a job that was! Here is the transom:



 
The rest of the afternoon was spent struggling to get the side stripes on, and we ran out of time (and light) so no photos yet. My daughter was a great help but it did cost me a lot in snacks to keep her motivated 
 


Back again next weekend, hopefully to do the rest of what I should have done today




No comments:

Post a Comment