Sunday 26 January 2014

And more...

Next instalment (not sure if anyone apart from Garry is following this, but it keeps me amused).
The GRP in the roof went off nicely overnight so it is all ready for the mast. However it was blowing a bit and I didn't trust the rain to hold off, so I left the fitting to the next time. I couldn't resist a dry run to see what it looks like, I think it will look really good when fitted and all the electrickery hanging off it.


While the weather was reasonable I finally fitted the ring bolt to hold the anchor in position, so it is all functional now. There is a quick-release shackle to hold the stock to the ring, as the bollard was too far away to stop the stock thumping about at sea if the chain was fastened to it.


 And one for Garry, the anchor fits just fine!



Having wired the wipers last visit, I tested them and something was wrong. There appears to be a problem inside the second wiper motor housing as it is graunching and blowing fuses. That will have to come off for an inspection, if it is not fixable it will be going back to Vetus. Other progress was fitting the galley water pump, water filler pipe, starting to wire in the switch panel on the galley.


I was very pleased with this, it is a rectangle of 3mm Acetal, drilled with 20mm holes for circular rocker switches, and labels made from water-slide transfer. Apparently they set hard, time will tell. On the way home I picked up two steps made by Garry for the cockpit. Brilliant, as usual, I can't wait to fit them.

No comments:

Post a Comment