Sunday 27 April 2014

Dinner is served! (Nearly)

And now for the rest of that Airfix kit. The fridge was one of the first things I bought, and I bought it back in September so Garry could make sure it fitted his galley. At last, it was time to fit it. This is the bare shell inside the galley.


I had lost confidence in the flexible water tank I bought so I had a custom one made, that exactly fitted the galley under the cupboard floor. It was a tight fit in through the door but in it went. I had made some framing to go around it, and eventually all was fitted and connected up. I filled it (55 litres) and not a drop leaked which was good. That thing will take a day to get at if there is ever a problem.



The rest of the cupboard components had to be fitted, which was not as easy as it should have been. Or not as easy as it would have been if a boat is cube-shaped, which it isn't. Lots of adjustments needed!

Finally, the fridge went in. It is a clever design, with the guts separate which means the whole fridge space can be used. They are installed on a shelf behind the unit.



It runs on 240v or 12v depending on which supply is detected. I wired it all up and it hums along nicely. I also added the locker door, but the catch needs a bit of adjustment so I took it off and brought it home (hence the hole).


Final couple of jobs were mounting the Garmin 551dv which is on the screen pillar, and gluing down a couple of section of teak trim. I also made a teak centre boss for the steering wheel. Pictures next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment