Thursday 17 April 2014

It's all coming together!

I promised results today and luckily the weather and gremlins were kind and I managed to do most of what I had planned to do. Which is rare. Not the first job but the most impressive was fitting the helm. This is a KAB seat as fitted to the Seaward boats, and finished in a custom vinyl. I used the existing pedestal which is sprung.



I fitted a folding drinks holder too



The longest job was fitting a filler section between the seat boxes Garry made.



This raises the floor 230mm and has enough room under to be useful so I made a hinged hatch trimmed in teak, with white in Jotun 2-pack. The inside is a bit scruffy to I will look out for a vinyl floor offcut to line it.



The fixed rear seat was fixed in place and has a removable base giving access to the seat box inside. The back has a slidey contraption so it could be removed if required. The front seat box has a hinged lid painted in Jotun Hardtop, and on that is mounted a heavy duty turntable. On the turntable is a KAB crew seat.



I had made a table over the winter, and this is mounted with two brackets on the side wall and a pole made from canopy fittings so it can be easily removed. I will have to stiffen it a bit and find a way of stopping it popping out of the brackets.



As you can see all my measuring and worrying was unfounded as the seat can twizzle with a bit of slide work and miss the table as it turns.



On my way home I received a text to say the water tank is on its way, so next trip will be to fit out the galley cupboard, install the water tank and fridge. It is soooo good to put some time in and see a big result!

No comments:

Post a Comment