Sunday 23 February 2014

More Progress

Another good day in the boat today. Two frustrations, the VHF external speaker won't talk VHF - the speaker is fine and I know that because I connected it to my iPhone and blasted Asteroid Galaxy Tour all over the marina. Time for an email to Garmin. The black box sounder won't talk to the plotter but it did before, so I'll have to test the comms cable. However, that didn't keep me down for long. I had some brave things to do!

 First job was the remove Garry's seat box, turn it upside down and slice of 90mm. That all went to plan, and the Bosch plunge saw worked a treat. It made hardly any mess, and was very controllable. I trial fitted the seat box lid, and this is a heavy boy because it has to take the KAB seat and rotating base which weighs a lot.
 

 I also fitted the locker door. I wondered why the guy that did some of the fitting hadn't fitted it, having cut the hole. I found out why - he had cut the hole too close to the seat box. A quick wiz round with the jig saw and all was sorted.

The next brave job was one I had been wimping about for weeks. I had to cut a large hole in the cabin roof to fit a solar powered vent. I was wimping because it not going to be a cut I could hide if I messed up, and I was also slightly worried it might look ugly but in fact it turned out to be very neat. The fan fired up even as I was fitting it and buzzed away extracting air as long as there was daylight. That should keep the cabin sweet.


  Then, as we were blessed with no rain, I took time off and did the easy, if monotonous, job of fitting nine Railblaza Star Ports. These can be used to mount rod holders (4), bait table, or anything else you can buy a Star Port thingy for. I cunningly mounted the Star Ports in such a way that I have five different options for where I mount the bait table, and wherever I don't mount the bait table I can mount rod holders. They are well made, very strong and very versatile. I can't wait to test them though!


 Finally, I spent a long time with tape measure and brown paper making templates and measuring, so I can make various bits and pieces for the helm support, headlining, side lining, raised deck and floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment