Tuesday 18 February 2014

A good long day

I had about eight good hours on the boat today. I took the new seat down to try for size, as I have to raise the footrest to suit the cushion when sitting down. I had a few test sittings, very comfy! I measured up to make an attachment bracket for the seat back and a stop to prevent to base sliding out.



The rest of the day was spent finishing off the wiring, so the nav lights, masthead light, deck flood light and one cabin light all work. LED lights all round and no intereference on the VHF with is a relief. Wires are laid to the wheelhouse liner light positions, and the teak rail to hold the headlining is in place. The transducer is installed in its bath of antifreeze, and the cable routed back to the black box. A small piece of headlining is in place behind the cabin door. I used Screwfix micro D conduit to run some wires from behind the galley up to the roof line, only a couple of quid and really neat. I also fitted an external waterproof speaker so I can hear the VHF when I am fishing. The VHF doesn't seem to have a switch to control an external speaker so I switched the live feed to the speaker. However that didn't work so I'll have to do a bit more investigating before I seal it all up behind the headlining.

Finally, a massive vote of praise to Vetus after-sales service. I emailed them about my second wiper motor which is shorting and generally misbehaving, and within hours they emailed back to say they were sending another in the post and would I post the old one to them some time. The new one arrived next day. Fantastic service, not a hint of a quibble!

No comments:

Post a Comment