Saturday 8 February 2014

Headlining

I am lucky enough to have a studio in the garden which we use for guests. Even better, it is just the right size to lay out a 2 metre board and spray glue the headlining on it! I have temporarily taken it over for cutting out and fitting the headlining, and a bit of varnishing, on the strict condition from The Management that it is returned to a state suitable for guests before guests come (I have spread the rumour we have Bird Flu). Here is the result of some evenings this week and a morning gluing and stapling. Nice and smooth this time:



Two vinyl headlining boards, cut-outs for LED down-lights (one fitted for sizing) and a strip of varnished teak to hide the join. I have made some H section supports for the teak strip so it will hold the boards down the centre line. The sides will be screwed. I may have to fit some pads to screw into, between that. Tomorrow I'll be doing some very careful measuring, wiring up for the lights and routing all that cable from the mast.

No comments:

Post a Comment