Monday 10 March 2014

Working in the sun?

A sunny Sunday. I could get used to this. Plenty of work to do outside the boat, however I had a quick task to complete first - stick that paper template together! (see previous post)
 
 
All done, pencil marks, extra tape. What could possibly go wrong? I'll tell you. I went and left it on the boat when I came home!! Anyway, other things done were fitting the replacement wiper motor, trimming the cockpit hatch and fitting hinges, and filling various holes in the gelcoat from things removed. I refitted the steering boss on a stronger piece of packing - difficult to do when the nuts are on one side of the bulkhead and the bolts on the other but I managed it with an elaborate system of wedges. The mast was still not quite perfectly sealed so it came off again (I am getting quite deft at that) and the offending gland given another dose of sealant. I then fitted a small section of the new headlining in the head (toilet). Looking rather smart, although you would only think so if you saw it first without.
 
 
Next step was to trial fit the various components of the false floor, which will have a lift-up hatch for storage below.
 


I then spent time measuring for the supports for the fridge, water tank and cupboard sections under the galley. Finally, I took a photo in the sunshine for the CG66 form. She is looking good.



No comments:

Post a Comment