Sunday 14 September 2014

Night job...

And the job I couldn't do earlier - the extra long skin fitting turned up from ASAP Supplies dead on time. I had to buy a costly bronze one but it was a perfect fit. Launch was booked for Friday so my only window was Thursday night. It took three goes to get the hole cutter through 65mm of transom but it went through, then a lot of grunting and wriggling to get the securing nut done up, as it was behind the engine and exhaust. After that it was a simple matter to screw on the scupper fitting over it. I had made a spacer to clear the skin fitting by cutting up a chopping board. My wife keeps wondering where the boards are going. I fitted the hose on the inside and looped it up to keep the water out until I can get under the hatch to connect the other end. All this with a head torch as the work lamp was blinding me!

[​IMG]

No comments:

Post a Comment