Sunday 31 August 2014

More progress and a bonus

A successful day on several fronts. One unexpected bonus was that I got my trim gauge working. I had given up thinking the sender was kaput but I was doing a tidy of wires before I boxed in the panel behind the dash and I noticed...a stray power wire. Gauges do not work without power. I have no idea why I hadn't connected that but now it is connected and now the gauge works. So simple. This is what the wiring looked like before....



and this is what the heads looks like now.



With a handy access door



Next job was to fit the spring to stop the hatch slamming shut



Which bends out of the way when you shut the hatch




Finally I fitted some neat clips to hold the fenders on the rails. When I have to tie on or untie six fenders on my own before coming up the channel I can be swept a couple of hundred yards in the Langstone Run, clipping these on should make that job a doddle.


When I was looking for photos of Garry's galley in its finished condition I realised I hadn't any. Here are a couple of shots. I am really pleased with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment