Monday 25 August 2014

How not to test a loo

Been quiet for a bit, family visits and all that but I have been doing a few jobs, including painting the heads with Jotun Hardtop two pack in white. I'll add a fiddle rail in teak rather than box in that useful shelf. I also plan to put a curtain over the door rather than a hard door as it is very cramped in there.


I tested the loo by pumping water in and pumping water out. All fine. On Sunday I decided to go fishing rather than spend the day fitting things so I headed out to find mackerel. No joy at all so rather than waste time I went straight to my mark and used frozen squid. Pretty soon I had a few small pouting so one went back down again barbecue-style. This is the result. First serious guts on the deck! 7lb 8oz



It went a bit quiet and an hour later something needed to be done Time to test the loo! What could possibly go wrong? Water pumped in fine. Did the deed. One pump. Fine. Two pump. Fine. Three pump. Resistance! Hard pump. And with that a 360 degree Catherine wheel of you know what came out of the back of the pump arrangement. I was then faced with a loo bowl full of brown otters and a speckled effect white Jotun loo cubicle. Nothing for it but to get bucket, rubber glover and bleach spray and get to work. Not great as by now it was blowing a beam F3. After all was cleaned up I left it until I got back to the marina before investigating further. Meanwhile I had caught another bass on BBQ pout! Result. When I finally got back in the berth, all I needed to do was tighten up all the screws on the pump and it pumped through fine. I may test it with something else, not poo, next though.

No comments:

Post a Comment