Monday 28 December 2015

A seat pedestal to rely on

I am very pleased with my KAB helm seat, it makes the boat feel very grown-up. I originally mounted it on the boat's original (Plastimo again) pedestal but I began to feel it wasn't man enough for the job. It was fully adjustable and had a limited shock absorbing suspension but it wasn't up to KAB standards of ruggedness. It has gone wobbly on me a couple of times which is a very uncomfortable feeling when you need to hang on during a bit of wave bashing. My Christmas present was a new and very sturdy pedestal from the same supplier as the seat. It was the perfect job for an afternoon in the marina. The old pedestal came out, and the new one screwed in place. As I suspected, the holes did not quite align and new ones had to be drilled but nothing showed so that was OK. I am now looking forward to a bit of rough stuff!





No comments:

Post a Comment